- You must be enrolled in at least 9 or more units. Credit/No Credit courses don’t count.
- You must submit an application by the following due date: *updating*
Types of Memberships
New International Student
- New International Student will be placed on a probationary period until midterm grades are received.
- New International Student must have cumulative Midterm GPA at least 3.0, in order to qualify as an AGS member.
Outstanding high school graduates are invited to become members immediately in their first semester. They are just like regular members except they can’t hold office.
- This is your first semester in college and you graduated from a high school within the US.
- Your High School GPA was at least 3.5 OR you are a lifetime member of the California Scholarship Federation (CSF) OR you are a PCC Honors-at-Entrance Scholarship Recipient
- You have completed at least 12 semester units and have a 3.0 GPA.
- OR you were a temporary member last semester and will have a 3.0 GPA by this semester’s end.
- You were an initial member in good standing.
- Your overall GPA is 3.0
- Grace Period: If you GPA is below 3.0, but you were enrolled in at least 9 units the last semester and had at least a 3.0 GPA at the beginning of last semester, you may continue to be in AGS, but you must bring your GPA back up to 3.0 by the end of this semester.
Committed members eventually can petition for this coveted title. Permanent members’ membership fees are waived, receive a Permanent Member Certificate, and may wear the gold ΑΓΣ pin and distinguished gold stole.
- Will be completing 60 semester units in a degree-appropriate college course of the current semester. At least 54 of those units must come from a graded course (no CR/No Credit).
- At least 30 of these units must be at the community college level.
- Applying as a continuing member of the current semester.
- Fulfill one of the following Criteria:
- If you have been with AGS for only 2 semesters, you must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 in all recognized college courses.
- You have been with AGS for 3 or more semesters and you have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 in all recognized college courses.
- You must submit a permanent membership application by the given due date. After approval of the application will you become a permanent member.
|Hour Requirement||Total of 20 hours,† 6 must be AGS hours||Total of 9 hours,† 2 must be AGS hours|
|Meeting Requirement||All members must attend 6 meetings to be eligible for a notation.||All members must attend 6 meetings to be eligible for a notation.|
|Able to apply for Board Positions?||Yes||No|
|Able to vote on AGS issues?||Yes||No|
The only benefit in being Inactive is that you can maintain your membership in AGS while providing yourself with more time to devote towards your other endeavors.