Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Contract
Pay: $13 per hour
Schedule: 10-20 hours weekly
Experience: Video Editing 1 year (preferred)
Education: Course work in video editing or film production
Work Location: Pasadena/Altadena
Work Remotely: Possible depending on professional experience and post-production equipment.
Internship Compensation: Pay, College Credit
We are looking for a multi-talented and diverse video editor to join our team who can assist (and potentially lead) the assembly of recorded video and audio files for various media, documentary, narrative, and promotional projects. The ideal candidate can collaborate and create alone as assigned and/or work with the Producer/Director’s vision and tempo of project deadlines. A keen eye for continuity/detail, organizational abilities, and a passion for bringing sight and sound together to tell cohesive and rhythmic stories, are a must!
- Create Audible and Visual Story;
- Juxtapose media to form various “cuts” throughout the post-production process;
- Develop a clear and concise understanding of production needs and delivery specifications;
- Communicate and Collaborate across Post-Production Supervisors;
- Upload/Organize/Review raw media files to create based on scenes’ value;
- Trim footage segments and assemble sequences as assigned
- Understand various postproduction elements: SFX, impact/mood of the music, ADR/dialogue, color grading, etc.
- Understand the differences between rough and final cuts for TV, Radio, Film, Media, and Short Form/Branded Content efficiency;
- Be an open-mind team player, able to provide suggestions and improve overall operations.
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software (e.g Avid Media Composer, Adobe Creative Suite, Premiere Lightworks, After Effects, and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a diverse portfolio of various project types
- Thorough knowledge of timing, audience motivation, and scene continuity
- Familiarity with the use of graphics, special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and overall story skill and desire to tell stories that matter
Applicants must be able to answer (NO) to ALL of the following before applying:
Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours:
- fever or chills
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting